Friday 13 May 2011

I'm bringing Fairy Bread back ...

A wonderful childhood memory
Whatever happened to Fairy Bread? As a kid, fairy bread was a staple at any birthday party. It's the ultimate party food really, well apart from the cake I suppose. It can be cut into any shape, topped with any colour sprinkles to co-ordinate with any theme and kids absolutely love it!

When I lived in the US, no one had ever heard of fairy bread (perhaps it's under a different name like cotton candy vs fairy floss) - so in case you haven't tried it - here's a quick how to:

1. Take a slice of bread and spread with butter or margarine
2. Cut to any shape you like using cookie-cutters
3. Top with a sprinkle of your desired colour of 00's & 000's or sprinkles

You're done!

I made these for the kids for lunch yesterday, served with some fruit salad & a glass of milk and their plates was left empty.

Until next time
Elise

3 comments:

  1. I've not heard of fairy bread before, but this is such a simple idea I am sure to try it. Thank you for posting this. I will definitly be checking back regularly, you have so many great ideas!

    All the best;
    Voe.
    ______________________________
    http://pearlwhisk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is another way of making yummy wummy FAIRY BREAD.

    step 1:Get as much slices of bread you desire.
    step 2:spread condensed milk on the bread or drizzle on.
    step 3: get sprinkles (round ones) and sprinkle on or dunk bread in sprinkles
    step 4: HOG all the bread and EAT IT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That brings some memories back. My mum used to pack condensed milk sandwiches for lunch when I was a kid!

    Thanks for the tip.

    Elise

    ReplyDelete